2018 WEIGH-IN PROCEDURE
2018 BRECKSVILLE INVITATIONAL HOLIDAY WRESTLING TOURNAMENT, Dec. 28-29, 2018
1. Weigh-Ins (WIs) will be conducted in weight-class order during both days. It is imperative that all wrestlers are present at the start of WIs.
2. Revised National Federation and OHSAA rules require that all 2-day tournaments perform a skin check (SC) both days. Both days’ WIs will be preceded by skin, finger nail, hair, and jewelry checks. Doctors’ notes must be presented at this time.
3. A weight check will be available both days for one hour preceding the official start of WIs.
4. National Federation and OHSAA rules prohibit weight cutting to occur during the WI process. Applicable to both days’ WIs.
5. On either days’ WIs a wrestler will have only one opportunity to weigh-in, exercising his option to challenge all scales available for the WIs immediately when his turn comes up for WIs. A suitable undergarment must be worn to cover one’s private anatomy while stepping on the scales during either WI.
6. A coach must be present at the scales at all times during the first day of WIs so that if a change to the roster must be made, it is done at the time a weight-class is being weighed-in. Also, it is recommended that a coach be present at the scales during the second day of WIs.
7. I need to know if any wrestlers that are participating at Brecksville will also be competing on consecutive days immediately preceding the Brecksville tournament, so that proper weight allowances can be made in advance. That means they would have to be wrestling on Thursday, 12/27/18. Proper notification is required in order for the weight allowance to be granted.
8. Please let me know if any team will be entering a female wrestler so that proper arrangements can be made for skin check and WIs.
An Outline Of The SC/WI Process Follows:
Friday, December 28, 2018:
1. Upon arrival, all teams are to check in and confirm their roster at the doorway to the teachers’ lounge, located straight ahead, at the end of the hall by which you entered the school. You must submit a copy of your official Alpha Roster to the check-in personnel. The Alpha Roster will not be returned.
2. Weight Check: 7-8 AM in Auxiliary Gym.
3. All wrestlers must report to the Main Gym by 8 AM until their weight class is called and they are released to the SC/WI area.
4. SCs & WIs: Start at 8 AM and End when the last 285 weighs in, by weight class, in weight class order.
-All wrestlers must be in Main Gym by 8 AM for the start of SCs/WIs.
-Wrestlers will be released to the Auxiliary Gym for Skin Checks and WIs in weight class order.
-The OHSAA 2 lb. growth allowance will be in effect. The granting of the 2 lbs. requires that a wrestler previously made scratch
weight and competed.
-A coach from each team must be present at the scales at all times for any last minute roster changes.
Saturday, December 29, 2018.
1. Weight Check: 7-8 AM in Auxiliary Gym.
2. All wrestlers still competing on the 2nd day must report to the Auxiliary Gym by 8 AM until their weight class is called. Assemble in the previous day’s skin check area.
3. SCs & WIs of wrestlers still participating: Start at 8 AM and End when the last 285 weighs in, by weight class, in weight class order.
-All wrestlers must be in Auxiliary Gym by 8 AM for the start of SCs/WIs.
-Wrestlers will be released to SCs and WIs in weight class order.
-One additional pound will be granted beyond any allowance in effect the first day.
-It is recommended that a coach from each team be present at the scales.
Coaches Please Note:
If you experience a transportation problem or any other type of emergency and will not be arriving by the start of Weigh-Ins, which is 8 AM, on either day, you must call and actually talk (do not leave a message) with one of the following individuals before 8 AM.
216-287-6108 (Cell), Todd Haverdill, Brecksville Head Coach.
440-781-3359 (Cell), Scott DeTray, Tournament Bracket Manager.
440-241-4160 (Cell), Nick Dimitris, Tournament Director.
Nick J. Dimitris